Thursday 21 April 2016

Jeremy Hunt is a .......

Its common knowledge that there is a planned junior doctors strike on the 26th and 27th but i highly doubt ill have a junior doctor performing my operation and seeing as my surgery was scheduled after the strike had been announced and all the nurses said it was still all systems go I thought I was in the clear. But then I got a phone call yesterday warning me there 'might be a possibility' of it being postponed (but as of yet its still set to go ahead).

Annoying but I still stayed optimistic. I guess they just have to cover their backs. But then I got a phonecall telling me that because of the strikes they cant go ahead with surgery and it would need to be postponed. Im pissed off. I fully support the strikes and stand behind them 100% but nothing has changed since they were proposed. Why do they leave it until 6 days before surgery to tell me it cant go ahead? Everything has to be rescheduled now and I have to wait even longer. On the phone she said she didnt even know when it would be set for so I've gone from 6 weeks to 4 months to 5 months and now indefinitely. 

Im bummed. And fed up. It would be fine if they gave me set dates and let me live my life in between but Ive been expected to be on standby for 6 months now and I'm tired of it all. Who knows when I'll reach to the light at the end of the tunnel :( 

1 comment:

  1. Really sorry to read about the postponement. I've happened upon your blog after reading about the strike (which I also 100% support). Hope it gets arranged again soon & best wishes.

    ReplyDelete