Tuesday 24 November 2015

Being Hit All At Once

I'm on the train back home from my Warehouse Weekend/Manchester holiday, and now that I'm on my own and I've only got the soulful sound of Adele's new album and my thoughts to listen to, the reality of leaving uni has hit me all at once and I am definitely feeling an emotional comedown.
Despite the high dose of Dexamethasone well and truly screwing my insides over (details of which are unnecessary), I had the best time being reunited with my home friends. And knowing I was taking an interruption from uni meant I was able to be completely carefree! It was so nice to not worry about work or budgets and actually enjoy the city and the time I had there... But now I miss them again *insert tears here*.
Then when home friends went home it struck me that I'm grasping on to time I have to spend with uni friends too... While I was there I selfishly but unregrettably discouraged any of them going into lectures and made them spend time with me instead. Heh. But there were so many times this week that we'd just be sitting watching something trashy on the tele (80% of the time) and I'd think 'you're not gonna have this little comforting home for much longer' which made me sad. I signed over the tenancy papers yesterday so tiny Coops can have my room (thank god, cause that rent is a bitch) and although it is all very exciting, I'm very jealous of them being together in our little house. I'm gonna miss decorating the Christmas tree, the annual ice skating trip, the christmas meal! I even feel sad about not being there at exam time when were stressed and under pressure and end up crying for no reason. Waaaaaaaaaaaaa

Before I was feeling all very (too) optimistic about taking a break from uni. It was just something that I had to do for practical reasons, it wasnt the end of the world... But now I'm on my fourth run of Adele's album and IT FEELS LIKE THE END OF THE WORLD. 

I know I'll be going back up in a couple of weeks but knowing that that'll be the final trip and my journey back will mark the end of my year (already) and moving back to london hurts my heart. I really was starting to love uni. In the words of Hannah Powell- 'fucks sake...! Life...!' 

No comments:

Post a Comment