Friday 20 November 2015

Overnight Dexamethasone Suppression Test Day 3

Unfortunately and expectedly, another boring post. No messed up dreams last night (that I can remember anyway). All thats happened is that I went in and had two more vials of fresh blood taken. Can't remember what the name of the lady was called today but I liked her the most, she was the nicest. Told me i had a nice juicy vien. Which kinda compensated for the fact the injection hurt the most (not her fault, kinda expected when theyve prodded at the same spot 3 times in a row). 

I keep having spots of doubt about whether or not I even have this disease, and keep getting paranoid that I've jumped the gun and made a big embarrassing hoo haa out of nothing because before they find the cause, no official diagnosis can be made... but last night, despite feeling lathargic and knowing I had a long day ahead of me today, the insomnia, caused by elevated cortisol levels struck again. If there's one thing underpinning this illness it's bloody inconvenience. In a normal person Dexamethasone would have an effect on cortisol levels, with 8mg of it and still getting an unwanted buzzing brain at night despite feeling drained, I'm pretty sure I've got a little friend growing on my Pituitary. 

But lets not think about that bastard for a little while now. Despite having about 60% of the sleep I actually need, I'm on my way up to Manchester ready to let loose and spend time with my friends. Back on Tuesday night, ready to collect my piss on Wednesday and hand it in on Thurs. Brace yourself PIU, youre in for a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment