Friday 20 November 2015

Overnight Dexamethasone Suppression Test - Day 2

So, as expected, testing was extremely uneventful yet again. Same thing happened, turned up, got my blood taken (but by a lady called Lay this time, just to add a little excitement into the mix)

I did experience a little side effect of the Dexamethasone last night though. I don't know much about the drug but reading the leaflet they gave me it seemed like its serious risks were that it could turn you loopy. Either with depression and suicidal thoughts, manic highs, or hallucinations and 'disturbing thoughts'. I never reached any of those levels but after taking 1mg before I went to bed I experienced some funky dreams. I can't remember the ones about the foam finger or the new lip balm i just bought in detail but I do remember the one about my teeth. I had one where I was sitting on the sofa with my mum complaining that they were aching. So i was prodding them... they were rubbery like brown rice, and I could slightly bend them. Next thing I know they were popping out! So I leaned over the table and scooped them all out my mouth. Heard that dreaming about loosing teeth was a sign of losing control of your life. I hope I dreamt that because of the Dexamethasone and not because I am, in fact, losing control of my life. I have not got the energy for more shit to be thrown my way. 

Next I have to take eight times the amount I did last night... I dread to think what kind of messed up shit my brain is gonna muster up this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment