Saturday 7 November 2015

Hey There

Hey there, I'm Hannah. I'm 21 years old and yesterday my Doctor let it slip that I had hypercortisolism.

This time last week I'd never even heard of Cushing's Disease so I've decided to blog my experience to help people, like me, who don't really understand or know much about it.

As I said, I was only confirmed of having hypercortisolism yesterday, so the whole concept of this disease is pretty new to me. Its quite easy to find a medical explanation of what Cushing's is but what I want to know is what I have to expect in these upcoming months (or weeks? or years? I don't know!) - diagnosis, testing, treatment, recovery etc. The websites and blogs I have found all seem to be American so I thought I'd strike one up and write about the process in the UK.

I'll use this blog as a little release and a nice coping mechanism for however long this journey takes and hopefully documenting my journey will help people in similar situations.

All aboard, journey starts here!

No comments:

Post a Comment